Special Educational Needs (SEND)
At Hartwell school we are committed to supporting and educating each child to the very highest standards, regardless of any Special Educational Need or Disability (SEND). Our daily interactions and teaching of children will always be informed by their unique needs. We recognise that some times children require different approaches and strategies to just provide them with the equal opportunity that other children have. We work very closely with families to identify and support any differences and/or needs and create a provision in school that allows each child to reach their own potential.
Our curriculum approach is compliant with our duties set out in the Equality Act 2010 and the Special Needs and Disability Regulations 2014 which ensures that every child's curriculum offer if fully accessible.
Further parental support and advice on SEND can be found through:
SEND Support Services (SSS)
Further information about specific learning needs:
The flow chart below sets out our school approach to inclusive education and SEND.
Every effort is made to offer disabled visitors access to our school building. If you are planning a visit to us, please contact us 48 hours or more in advance and we will endeavour to do all we can to help.
When visiting our school, the following disabled access and facilities are available:
- Parking is available close to the main reception
- A disabled toilet is located if the foyer of reception
- Step free access, which is suitable for wheelchair or mobility scooter users, is available in the main reception of the school building
- For visually impaired visitors, assistance dogs/guide dogs are welcome on site. We are also happy to provide large print versions of event and school information. Please contact us to arrange this.
- Emergency exit/evacuation of disabled visitors: the School’s usual evacuation procedure applies.